Today’s market is highly over-crowded. Buyers have so many options that they face a tough time in making the right choice. Well, if you’re going to buy a mattress then making the right choice would be a tough task as there are many kinds and many sellers. To be precise, there is around 15 type of mattress in the market.
Yes, 15 types and each type of different from others and help you differently. So, it’s indeed a tough task to find out which mattress type is the right choice for you. This is why we are here. With the help of this post, we are going to give you a detailed overview of those 15 types and spill the beans over their pros and cons. So, let’s get started.
Type #1 – Innerspring Mattress
It’s the earliest kind of mattress that was available for public use. It has a steel coil supports system and uses springs to connect a single unite. The higher is the number of coils; the better is sleep quality. It has been everyone’s favorite for a quite long time. But, it lacks innovation.
- They are eco-friendly
- Easy to carry
- A short life and it sag easily
- Noise over time
- Doesn’t offer ample support to the spine
Type #2 – Pocketed Coil Mattress
A member of innerspring mattresses, pocketed coil mattresses are known for their motion isolation ability. It gives a bouncy effect.
- Great for co-sleeping
- Highly-priced choice
Type #3 – Natural Fiber Mattresses
As the name suggests, this mattress type is made of natural fiber like organic cotton or organic wool. In some types, coconut coir or bamboo has also been used. No synthetic material is used in its manufacturing. It has a low carbon footprint. As far as comfort and durability are concerned, it varies upon the type of natural fiber used.
- Super eco-friendly
- There is no fixed durability
Type #4 – Memory Foam Mattress
The memory foam mattress is one of the most famed mattress types that people of all ages can go for. Its amazing body-conforming ability makes it an ideal choice to make. It will help you achieve your ideal sleeping position.
- Ensure proper spine alignment
- Nearly zero motion transfer
- Keeps dust and dirt away from the mattress
- Some people have issues of hot sleeping with memory foam mattresses.
Type #5 – Latex Mattresses
If you’re looking for a natural bedding option then latex mattresses are the best bet to make as they are made from a by-product of sap from a rubber tree.
- Chemical-free manufacturing
- There is no need to flip the mattress after a regular time interval
- It’s a bit heavy and tough to handle or move around.
Type #6 – Innerspring Memory Foam Hybrids
Offering you the best of both world, innerspring and memory foam mattress, this mattress type is a great choice to make if you want comfort and body align at the same time.
- You will experience a higher degree of contour ability
- Extra comfort and coziness
- The presence of coil tension may decrease over time
Type #7 – Memory Gel Mattress
A lasts invention in the world of memory foam mattress, memory gel mattress is nothing but bliss. It curbs the issue of hot sleeping easily.
- Great heat offsetting ability
- Not ideal for cold places
Type #8 – Waterbed
Rage in the ’80s, waterbed contains a water chamber system inside them. They give you bouncy and floating sense. They are not very much popular in today’s era.
- Has great body conforming ability
- They are free from allergens
- Lacks support and fails big time to offer appropriate spine alignment.
Type #9 – Air Mattress
Made for outdoor enthusiasts, air mattresses are here to give to the choice of choosing the firmness. You can fill the air in the chamber as per your needs. This way, you will have an adjustable sleep experience. This is why people have started using their bedrooms as well.
- 100% customized firmness
- Not good for people suffering from a chronic back problem
Type #10 – All Polyfoam Mattress
Made from highly flexible foam, all poly foam mattress is one of the most pocket-friendly options that one can have.
- Have pain relief ability
- Can help you reduce sleep apnea
- Can smell bad
Type #11 – Pillow-top Mattress
This mattress type comes with an extra topper to offer more comfort. The added layer of upholstery will make you more snuggly.
- Helps you gain your ideal sleep position
- Extra comfy
- Too soft for people suffering from chronic back pain
Type #12 – Adjustable Mattress
An adjustable mattress comes with great flexibility and allows you to arrange it in a position that suits you best. You can convert it into a couch or a lay-on bed as you please.
- A great option for people suffering from sinus problems as it allows them to keep their head elevated.
- High maintenance cost and efforts are needed
Type #13 – Innerspring Latex Hybrid Mattress
A hybrid mattress type, the innerspring latest hybrid mattress offers you the comfort of the latest mattress and cost-effectiveness of an innerspring mattress.
- Great antimicrobial properties
- Additional support than latex mattress
- Have some structural weakness
Type #14 – SomniGel Mattress
SomniGel mattress is famed for its immense durability. It comes with a unique construction that allows the user to come back to the original position once applied pressure is removed.
- Lasts till eternity
- Total body control
- Highly expensive
Type #15 – Polyfoam Latex Hybrid Mattress
A combination of foam and latex, this option helps you enjoy a great sleeping experience as there are no negative aspects of polyfoam in this.
- Minimal off-gassing issue
- It’s 100% synthetic
- Short lifetime
Final words There are many choices and options when it comes to buying a mattress. You can choose your ideal one by paying attention to a few things and comparing there pros and cons. Our experts, however, love the memory foam mattress with therapeutic qualities. Happy buying!
Read Also : 4 Tricks to Make Pillow or Mattress Smell Go